Thursday, July 14, 2016
General Manager - Alloy Products in Albuquerque NM or Detroit MI
Position Title General Manager
- Alloy Products - NM or MI
Location Albuquerque NM or Detroit MI
Description: Materials engineering company Alloy Products busines
s unit requires a General Manager. We are not looking for someone to run a business but a unique individual that has entrepreneurial skills to grow a business to new levels of success.
* Strategic business planning
* Marketing strategies
* Motivator/Team Leader
* Customer Relationships: The GM must develop strong relationships with existing customers to ensure repeat business.
* Management by Metrics: The GM must provide top-down leadership and instill a more rigorous approach to management by metrics throughout the factory.
* Process Improvement: Drive management staff to implement process improvements at all levels, leading to greater efficiency, speed of delivery, and cost savings.
* Transition of New Products: Facilitate seamless transition of manufacturing new products by overseeing the introduction of these new products into the work stream.
* Organizational Development: The GM must develop the organization to its full potential and keep personnel motivated and productive.
* Improve Business Unit Management: Improve policies and procedures to create a more structured accountability amongst the management staff.
* Lean Manufacturing: Lead the management staff towards implementing lean manufacturing initiatives throughout the factory and offices
* Budgeting and Financial Performance: Work with CFO to maintain the company's presently stable financials and make financially-sound, well-supported decisions.
Requirements: Degreed Engineer with MBA preferred. A candidate with at least ten years of increasingly responsible senior-level management experience.
Strong Sales background. 50% travel likely.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering required. MBA is preferred.
2. 10+ of increasingly responsible senior-level management experience in Alloy products.
3. Strong Sales background in Alloy Products.
4. Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing practices.
5. P&L responsibility for an industry business unit.
jobs in engineering, jobs for college graduates, career planning,
We are Hiring on the Spot at our Monthly Hiring Event Jobs in Chicago, South Suburbs and NW Indiana Post Office, Del Monte, Candy Warehous...